Heat Pack Care and Heating Instructions
IMPORTANT - Keep instructions with your heat pack. READ - before every use.
Not recommended for people who may have reduced awareness of temperature or feeling in their skin, eg. Diabetics, people with nerve damage, or people with impairment that prevents them recognising they may be burnt. It is important to carefully follow these instructions as overheating or inappropriate use may result in injury or fire.
TO USE HEATED
1. Remove heat pack from packaging (and if necessary, removable cover.)
2. Place heat pack in the centre of the microwave ensuring it does not obstruct the turntable. Make sure the heat pack is flat and evenly distribute the filling.
3. Never heat the heat pack for more than 1 minute at a time. If heating for longer than one minute, shake and turn the heat bag over for each minute of heating.
4. Remove carefully from microwave. The heat pack will be hot after heating, handle with care.
5. Gently shake the heat pack to evenly distribute the lupin. Check the temperature is comfortable before use.
6. Allow the heat bag to cool completely before reheating and/or before storage on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink.
If overheating occurs there may be a burning smell or charring and in extreme cases smoking. These all indicate that irreversible grain deterioration has occurred. Immediately place heat on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink and allow to cool completely before disposing. 100% cotton heat packs are biodegradable and compostable.
TO USE AS A COLD COMPRESS
Place in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 45 minutes.
STORAGE, CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Make sure the heat pack is completely cool and moisture free before storing with these instructions in a cool dry place. Spot clean only with a damp cloth. DO NOT wash DO NOT immerse in water. It is recommended the wheat bag be heated at least once a month for maintenance and replaced annually.
1. DO NOT overheat.
2. DO NOT use if heat pack smells or looks burnt - allow to cool completely on a non-combustible surface such as the kitchen sink then throw away.
3. DO NOT leave heat pack UNATTENDED in microwave in case of fire.
4. DO NOT use straight from microwave if too hot - allow to cool first.
5. DO NOT use heat pack on one body part for more than 5 minutes - continuous heat may burn.
6. USE WITH CAUTION - Heat packs can burn skin when used incorrectly and particularly the more delicate skins of children or older people. SUPERVISE children at all times.
7. DO NOT use under bedding.
8. MICROWAVE ONLY - do not heat in gas or electric oven.
9. NOT RECOMMENDED to add oils or fragrances to the heat pack - these may increase the risk of fire.
We recommend replacing your heat pack annually.